Our fourth volume of PAIL’s book club was “Simplicity Parenting, Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids.” The book was really in-depth and offered a lot to think about. Below are the prompts we offered to think about the book and the links to those who wrote posts about it. If you didn’t get a chance to write a post feel free to chime in by sharing a comment below.
Writing Prompts were:
- What is your “vision” for your family?
- How do you think your life circumstances are uniquely suited/not suited to Payne’s message?
- What do you all think would be the hardest things for you to change to simplify your life according to Payne’s suggestions?
- Did anything in the book resonate particularly strongly with you?
- How do you feel about Payne’s proposed ban on “adult topics” with kids? In your family, what do you intend to discuss with or keep from your kids?
- What do you think about Payne’s theory of children having “Cumulative Stress Disorder?” Have you seen examples of it in real life?