Our monthly theme for May was body image. Body image after having a child is a tricky enough subject– but what about body image after an ALI journey? For many mothers, there is an inherent conundrum of feeling like less of a woman at the exact moment in time that they have less time than ever before to focus on themselves and their body/health.
This month we were curious to know how you feel about your body now that you’re pregnant and/or parenting after an ALI journey. As always, here are some prompts to get you thinking, but feel free to write on any topic:
As always, please link us in the comments below if your post contains any helpful resources, references, or other ideas that you think might be a valuable addition to our Resources page. Don’t be modest!
Visit and comment at your leisure! It is NEVER too late to leave a comment!
- How do you feel about your pregnancy / post-partum / post-adoption body?
- Did you have weight gain in addition to pregnancy gain because of depression, fertility meds, etc?
- How did you handle the psychological effects of weight gain from a pregnancy(ies) that you lost?
- If you adopted, did you turn to food during the seemingly endless waiting period?How do you / have you made time to focus on your health/body since becoming a mother?
- Do you focus more on healthy food, good exercise, or a mix of both?
- Esperanza @ Stumbling Gracefully: “The Tata’s Must Be Contained!” – On struggling with the perceived sexualization of my newly pregnant (again) body, as my boobs grow ever more unwieldy.
- Kerri @ Uncommon Nonsense: “PAIL theme post time: Body Image” – My insecurities about my pregnant body and being the only non glowing, non goddess-like pregnant lady.
- Ms. Future PharmD @ Mom PharmD: “My body, myself” – Musings on just starting to get into shape after the secondary infertility rollercoaster
- S @ Misconceptions About Conception: “PAIL Bloggers Monthly Theme Post May 2013: Body Image” – How do I feel about my body post-infertility? I hate it now more than ever.
- Emily @ Emskyrooney: “Pump it Up” – A post about weight gain before, during, and after pregnancy and what I’m doing now to get back to the self I want to be.
- Kelly @ Kellyland: “Body Image” – Empowered
- Elizabeth @ Bébé Suisse: “The insufferable vanity of (not really) getting “fat” and (not really) being a “grosse baleine”: body image during pregnancy.” – Surprise! I’m happy with my body during pregnancy.
- Wifey @ Punch Today In The Face: “PAIL: Body Image” – Learning to establish a healthy/positive body image for myself and my pre-teen daughter
- Megan @ My new journey with being a new mom, a former infertile, and whatever else comes along: “Why You Won’t Find a Full Length Mirror in My House” – How I’ve always had a bad body image and it needs to change NOW!
- Chon @ Life Begins: “PAIL Monthly Theme Post: Body Image” – A photo journal of my infertility weight gain and post partum recovery.
- B @ Created Family: “Body Image: Pregnancy, Postpartum, and Raising my Daughter” – A bit about my journey of surviving a life-threatening eating disorder, embracing my pregnant and postpartum body, and raising a food loving, body positive daughter.
- Josey @ My Cheap Version of Therapy: “the body” – A look back at the ups and downs of my weight loss journey – through an eating disorder and beyond.
- mellowinthemidwest @ Mellow in the Midwest: “Body image in flux” – Fighting for a positive body image through pp, treatments, and now pregnancy.
- Gurlee @ Infertility Musings: “the post I actually finish“
Did we forget you? Do you have a post you still want to share? Let us know in the comments below or contact us!